Big capabilitiescome in a small package with the GPS 175 navigator. With its bright, clearhigh-resolution touchscreen display, you can have the advanced navigationfunctions you’ve always dreamed of. Entering flight information is a cinch, andaccessing every function is fast and easy. It’s equally at home in certificatedaircraft or an experimental aircraft. And it’s the same 2” height as oldernavigation equipment and can allow you to keep the legacy composite CDI alreadyin your aircraft to minimize installation cost¹. That makes GPS 175 the smart,affordable way to add next-generation navigation to your favorite airplane.
When paired withdual-link Garmin ADS-B solutions, such as our GTX™ 345 series transponder orGDL® 88 universal access transceiver, GPS 175 can display ADS-B traffic targetsas well as subscription-free ADS-B weather data in the U.S. The ADS-B weatherlink provides in-flight access to animated NEXRAD imagery, METARs, TAFs, windsand temperatures aloft, PIREPs, NOTAMs and more.
When equipped with a compatible ADS-B solution, visual alertshelp you recognize and avoid potential conflicts in busy airspace. Our patentedTargetTrend™ relative motion technology offers a faster, more intuitive way tojudge the direction and closure rate of intruding targets in relation to youraircraft’s position. For example, if traffic is ahead of you and travelingalong the same track but at a slower rate, the motion vector would pointopposite of its indicated direction of flight to show you are overtaking thetraffic. And, at the start or end of each flight, TerminalTraffic™ technologyprovides the most comprehensive picture of ADS-B equipped aircraft and groundvehicles in the airport environment. ADS-B equipped aircraft in-flight areeasily distinguished from ground vehicles and taxiing aircraft, which aredisplayed using distinct colors and symbols. All information is presented on asimple, easy-to-understand SafeTaxi diagram with reference to runways,taxiways, hangar locations and more.
Physical and Performance
· TSO applicability: C146e Class 3; C157b Category 1; C165a; C195b CategoryB1, B3, B5, B7
· Display size: 4.8" (122.5 mm) diagonal
· Display resolution: 732 pixels (W) x 240 pixels (H)
· Unit bezel height: 2.02" (51.0 mm)
· Unit bezel width: 6.25" (159.0 mm)
· Unit depth with connectors: 6.58" (167 mm) (measured from face of aircraftpanel to rear of connector backshells)
· Unit weight: 1.3 lbs (0.6 kg)
· Maximum altitude: 35,000 ft
· Input voltage range: 9 VDC - 33 VDC
· Maximum display brightness: 260 fL
· Operating temperature range: -20° C to 55° C (-4° F to 131° F)
· Bluetooth version: 4.2
· Number of GPS channels: 15 (12 GPS and 3 GPS/WAAS/SBAS)
· LAT/LON position accuracy: <1.25 meter RMS horizontal, < 2 meter vertical,with WAAS
· Maximum velocity: 1,000 knots (above 60,000 feet)
· Position update Interval: 0.2 sec (5 Hz)
Detail AVweb video: