This variant of the IC-A220 (IC-A220T) is TSO-C128a and TSO-C169a approved to be used as a primary VHF radio in a general aviation (part 23) aircraft.
Icom’s A220 panel mount transceiver is a popular fit with experimental and light sport pilots. The TSO approved version will work for all certified part 23 aircraft. This air to ground transceiver has the capability to work on both 8.33 kHz and 25 kHz channel spacing frequencies. It features the brightest OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display on the market offering many advantages in brightness, vividness, high contrast, wide viewing angle and response time compared to a conventional display. The A220 also features a built in 2 station intercom, 12 or 24 volt compatible, and automatic squelch.
|118.000-136.992MHz plus 161.650-163.275 weather channel|
| ||20 regular, 50 group, 10 weather & 20 auto stack memory|
FAA TSO certification
The A220 TSO version meets RTCA-160G requirements for use in strict environments. This A220 version can be used for a primary VHF radio in general aviation (part 23) class aircraft. The A220 TSO version is also accepted for ETSO approval under the TSO/ETSO reciprocal acceptance policy.
- For information on what qualifies as a Part 23 aircraft go to the .
- The A220 TSO version can only be serviced by Icom America Inc. All repairs or adjustment must be performed by Icom America as per the TSO approval requirements.
Innovative features found in this next generation air band panel mount transceiver are why more pilots trust Icom as the one you add before flight.
White OLED Display and White Key Backlight
The IC-A220 has a bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with a wide 170-degree viewing angle. White characters on a black background give the viewer clear, easy to read operating information. The white key backlighting and white OLED display match a modern plane’s instrument panel. In addition, the auto dimmer function adjusts the display for optimum brightness for either day or night.
Easy channel selection
It is fast and easy to select any of the memory channels in the IC-A220. The “flip-flop” arrow button switches between main and stand-by channels. The dual watch function allows you to monitor two channels simultaneously. Additionally, the improved auto stack memory stores the last 20 channels used and allows you to recall those channels easily.
GPS memory function
When connected to an external GPS receiver* equipped with an airport frequency database, the frequency data such as nearby airports can be transferred and made available.
* Ask your dealer for available GPS receiver details.
12V/24V DC power source
The built-in DC-DC converter accepts a 12/24V (11.5–27.5V) DC power source. The IC-A220 is easily installed in most airplanes or vehicles.
The IC-A220 has a built-in voice activated intercom function allowing the pilot to talk with the copilot via the headset. The IC-A220 has an adjustable audio level and squelch control functions.
The IC-A220 has a D-Sub 25-pin industry standard connector for easy installation. The slim case can be installed into a tight panel space.
- 20 regular memory channels with a 6-character channel name
- 50 group memory channels (10 Ch x 5 groups) with a channel tag
- Automatic weather channel scanning and receive (USA version only)
- Dualwatch and priority watch functions
- One-touch access to 121.5 MHz emergency frequency
- Side tone function for monitoring your voice with headset
- ANL (Automatic Noise Limiter) function reduces pulse type noise
- Remote control capability
- Dial lock and panel lock
- Time-out timer
- D-Sub 25-pin industry standard connector for easy installation
- Slim 1.34 inch (34mm) height can be installed in a limited panel space
- Two types of menu mode: settings menu and configuration menu