The Jeppesen Garmin G1000 - Core & VFR training is an advanced, extensive computer-based training program developed with input from Garmin that teaches the skills required to master the operation and confidently fly the G1000. The Jeppesen scenario-based, guided simulation system will provide you comprehensive initial and recurrent knowledge of all core functions and tasks required for VFR flight and greatly facilitates the transition to flying the Garmin glass cockpit.
The training includes a multi-mode methodology that includes a "Demo Mode" demonstrating the selected topic using narration, text, and animated graphics. A "Training Mode" that guides you through the required steps to accomplish the task, and a "Solo Mode" enabling the assessment of the user's performance.
Over 60 topics taught in eight categories emulating the phases of flight including Abnormal and Emergency Operations, the use of the GFC700 autopilot, and Quick Tips.
- Computer-based training that is much more effective than video-based training
- Scenario-based guided simulation
- Extensive demonstration movies with helpful narration
- Hands-on interactive learning
- On-screen, textual "Pop-Up" prompts to help you complete steps
- Intuitive, logical interface that makes program navigation easy
- Crisp vector-based graphics
- Progress tracking
The topics covered in the Jeppesen Garmin G1000 Core & VFR Procedures training are segmented by category in flight sequence. The program begins with the Start-Up category (product orientation) followed by typical Pre-Takeoff operations. It then progresses to Departure, Enroute, Arrival, Autopilot Operations and Emergency Procedures. An additional category called Quick Tips contains timesaving techniques to improve operational efficiency and product knowledge.
Included is coverage on the GFC-700 autopilot.
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7
- 175 MB of available disk space
- 256 MB or more of available RAM
- 256 color monitor capable of 800x600 resolution
- Sound Card
Jeppesen software does NOT work with Macintosh systems.
Old Jeppesen Number: JS202407
New Jeppesen Number: 10002385