The Jeppesen Garmin G1000 - IFR Procedures training is a new and advanced, extensive computer-based training program developed with input from Garmin that teaches the skills required to master the operation and confidently fly the G1000 in IFR conditions. Learn how to pull up and fly instrument procedures, load and activate approaches including RNAV and GPS approaches, new WAAS-enabled approaches such as LNAV, LNAV/VNAV, and LPV approaches, departures and arrivals, as well as performing course reversals, holding patterns, and executing missed approaches.
The Jeppesen scenario-based, guided simulation system provides complete and comprehensive training allowing the pilot to become proficient in all advanced functions and tasks required for IFR flight and greatly facilitates the transition to flying the Technically Advanced Aircraft and the Garmin glass cockpit.
- Computer-based training that is much more effective than video-based training
- Scenario-based guided simulation
- Extensive demonstration movies with helpful narration
- Hands-on interactive learning
- On-screen, textual "Pop-Up" prompts to help you complete steps
- Intuitive, logical interface that makes program navigation easy
- Crisp vector-based graphics
- Progress tracking
The topics covered in the Jeppesen Garmin G1000 Training - IFR Procedures training are segmented by category in flight sequence. The program begins with the Start-Up category (product orientation) followed by typical Pre-Takeoff operations. It then progresses to Departure, Enroute, Arrival, Autopilot Operations and Emergency Procedures. An additional category called Quick Tips contains timesaving techniques to improve operational efficiency and product knowledge.
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7
- 175 MB of available disk space
- 256 MB or more of available RAM
- 256 color monitor capable of 800x600 resolution
- Sound Card
Jeppesen software does NOT work with Macintosh systems.
Old Jeppesen Number: JS202408
New Jeppesen Number: 10002388